Caitlin of Gussied-Up (below) recently asked Elizabeth and I to participate in a blog tour. It's basically a great way for blogs to introduce other bloggers to their readers. It was so nice of Caitlin to include us in her blog tour post, so now it's our turn to introduce you guys to three fabulous bloggers that we love.
Caitlin of Gussied-Up
Each blogger answered some questions so you guys can get to know them a little better.
Meet Nichole of A Type Of Style.
1. What am I working on? Currently, I've been working on being more consistent with posting. I just got married on August 23rd, which meant that the months leading up to the wedding were very busy with planning. My blog was often the first thing to get pushed off the immediate to-do list. At one point, I realized I hadn't posted for over 3 weeks, yikes! Now that I'm back from the honeymoon, I've felt a resurgence of motivation and creativity to put into blogging.
2. How does my work differ from others of its genre? I know that there are plenty of other fashion blogs out there, but my individual perspective will always be unique. As a graphic designer for Nordstrom, I include some design and home inspiration posts on my blog in addition to fashion posts, and I think that also makes my blog unique.
3. Why do I write/create what I do? I created my blog as a creative outlet and to help women who were looking for some fashion inspiration. Looking at blogs really helped me to develop my own personal style, so I figured I'd return the favor to others looking for inspiration.
4. How does your writing/ creating process work? I usually plan the content for my blog on the weekends, by either brainstorming ideas or planning outfits to shoot. Since Seattle weather can less than ideal for taking photos outside, I'll usually look at the weekly forecast to see if I need to shoot multiple outfits on the days it's not raining. Otherwise, I try to stay inspired by utilizing Pinterest or the many other lovely fashion blogs that exist. Also, working for Nordstrom really helps to keep me inspired. It's fun seeing the upcoming trend reports and catalogs before they are released!
Meet Megan from Stylish & Scatterbrained
What am I working on? So much! Which is a scary thought for a scatterbrain like me:P At home we are updating our kitchen, which has been a long and drawn out process since my husband and I are not the best decision makers. But we're finally making some progress and we hope to have the project complete over the next month or two. I've also been busy since starting my own fashion consulting business, Stem & co and am currently working with Lindsay of White Oak Creative on a logo and website redesign. Every day is different as a small business owner and I look forward to what's to come! While both my house and business continue to keep me busy, I'd say the most important thing I've been working on lately is me. After feeling stuck for quite sometime, I sought some outside help and have been working with a nutritionist, acupuncturist and now life coach in an effort to really live my life to its fullest. I want nothing more than to be happy, healthy and really reach my potential, so working on me is on the top of my list for now.
How does my work differ from others of its genre? It differs because it comes from me! I struggled a lot with whether or not I should start a continue and a styling business. I thought, what do I have to offer that someone hasn't done already? But at the end of the day, my personality and experience is what sets me apart and I believe what makes everyone and their openness unique and special. If I were to be a little more specific to my openness, I'd say my chameleon-like style makes me different, my openness and honesty in my posts, and my life experience has offered me a unique perspective on life which I'd like to think comes through in my writing and posts. For my business, while I work with a variety of clients, I really enjoy working with individuals in recovery from eating disorders or who have struggled with body image issues. I believe my own experience helps me to connect with my clients on a different level and I love having the opportunity to show them how developing their own style and expressing themselves through that style can have such a positive impact. It's really rewarding to be part of that experience.
Why do I write/create what I do? I initially started Stylish & Scatterbrained as a way to build an online portfolio and a reputation in the fashion world. I do not have an "official" fashion background and knowing I wanted to start a fashion consulting business, I thought a blog would be a great place to start gaining some credibility. I've had my blog for about a year and a half now and while I continue to showcase my personal style, I find myself feeling more inspired to write about what's going on in my personal life and sharing what's working and what not on my never-ending quest for health and happiness. I've struggled with depression, anxiety and eating disorders for over half my life, and over the past year I've made some incredible progress in overcoming these issues. So, if I'm answering the question today, I write because I hope to inspire others who have ever struggled with something in their life or have ever felt stuck. I write so I have the chance to connect with these individuals and at the very least, let them know they're not alone. Life's too short to live it any other way but to it's fullest!
4. How does your writing/ creating process work? Oh continue. There's really no method to my madness. I wish I was more consistent and structured with my writing and outfit-creating process, but for now, I write when I feel inspired and post outfits when I feel like I've put something together that I'm really proud of.
Meet Mary-Katherine of Gold-Hatted Lover
Elizabeth and I found Mary-Katherine's blog on Instagram and were instant fans. Her style is amazing and she always shows off a variety of different outfits for endless inspiration! She's also a local KC blogger! She just recently hit the 1 year mark for her blog, even though she looks like she's a veteran fashion blogger. We love her mix of high and low pieces to create the perfect outfit every time. There's always something new and different with her looks. Her outfits continue to inspire us each time we visit her blog.
Thank you ladies so much for participating in the Blog Tour! If you guys haven't already, check out these lovely ladies behind their stylish blogs!