Elizabeth and I are huge fans of The Everygirl and we recently read their post about how to make money selling your clothes on ebay. It inspired us to take a closer look at our own wardrobes and clear out what we haven't worn in several months. It's easy to hoard clothes in the back of your closet thinking you just might wear them one of these days. Instead of selling on ebay, we've had a Poshmark account for a while now so we thought we would list our clothes there. If you haven't heard of Poshmark, it's a social app that makes is super easy to buy and sell new or used clothing and accessories. I've bought several things on Poshmark and have had a really great experience with it in the past. As seasons begin to change, I always get an itch to go shopping so clearing out pieces in my closet allows me to do that. What I really love about this app is that it's so easy to use. If I'm looking for a specific piece that I don't want to pay full price for, I'll search for it on Poshmark and I will almost always find it for a fraction of the price. You can find Poshmark in the App store and it's completely free to download. Here are a few tips we've put together to successfully purchase something on the app.
1. If the photo is too dark and you can't see the full details - it's ok to ask the seller to post a lighter photo.
2. I always, always ask if it comes from a non-smoking home.
3. It's totally fine to ask the seller for an on-model image or measurements of the listing.
4. I never buy from sellers who only post images from websites. For example, if they are selling a Gap dress, but only have images from Gap's website and not of the actual piece they are selling then I will move on. It's important they have photos of the actual piece they are selling so you can see exactly what you are paying for.
5. Look at the seller's profile to see what they have sold in the past and read their "Love Notes," which are reviews from past buyers.
Do you guys use Poshmark? If you have an account, let us know your account name so we can follow you! Our account name is @emilykennedy. We will be posting more listings in the coming weeks! Hope you all have a great week!